|Course Title:||Scrum Master Certification|
|Time:||9:00 am – 5:30 pm|
Certified Scrum Master Class Baltimore
Learn, understand, and execute on the three overarching principles behind Scrum: iterative development, self-management, and visibility.
Even projects that have solid, well-defined project plans encounter some degree of change and waste. Shifting market conditions, budget cuts, staff restructuring, or any number of influences will disrupt the best plan while contributing to customer dissatisfaction and staff discouragement. Moreover, projects that begin with changing or unclear requirements make it difficult to even establish project expectations. Scrum is the agile development process that allows teams to deliver usable software periodically throughout the life of the project, absorbing change and new requirements as the project proceeds. Beginning with the history of agile development and moving through the disciplines promoted by Scrum, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum methodology while specifically reviewing the behaviors expected of a ScrumMaster.
Upon completion of the class, your information will be submitted to the Scrum Alliance and you will become eligible to take the Certified Scrum Master (CSM) online exam. To be eligible for the exam, you must be present for the full duration of the two days of training and participate during the training session. Passing this exam will earn you the Certified Scrum Master designation.
What You’ll Learn
- Details on Scrum roles: Team Member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster
- Foundational/critical concepts of Scrum with our Certified Scrum Trainer® instructional program
- How to apply empirical thinking to your project work
- How a team’s productivity can be adjusted to account for its composition
- Importance of organizational agreement on software readiness
- Why the ScrumMaster role can be the most satisfying as well as the most difficult job on a project
- Conflict resolution’s critical role in Scrum
- Work on a real-world Scrum project live in the classroom
- Learn, practice, and utilize the Scrum Framework
- Knowing when software is “Done” under Scrum
- Critical characteristics a ScrumMaster must have to succeed
- Get to the heart of the matter with Scrum, coaching, and team productivity
- Compare traditional and Agile project estimating and planning
- Conduct decomposition to estimate a Scrum project
- Practice Scrum meetings including: Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Burndowns, Sprint review, and Sprint retrospective
- Achieve the first step in Scrum Alliance®-recognized certifications, enabling you to advance to higher levels of recognition
- A framework to operate large projects using Scrum
- How to maximize your returns using Scrum
Training Class Location
Baltimore - Inner Harbor
Our Baltimore Training facility is a premier location, directly connected to the Baltimore Convention Center. Students traveling from outside the Baltimore area, are encouraged to ask about our preferred rate hotel accommodations.
400 East Pratt StreetBaltimore, Maryland 21202